Now that the weather is cooling off, I am craving food to warm my belly. The flavors of this warm potato salad mix together perfectly to create a sweet and yet slightly tangy dish. Overall it is the most amazing potato salad I’ve eaten all year!
I found the recipe on my Motorola tablet using my favorite recipe app – All Recipes Spinner.
I paid the $3 for the pro version because I use AllRecipes.com all the time and the Pro version allows you to access your online recipe box. I figure that $3 saved me a ton more money since I am not buying more cookbooks!
Here is my adapted version of the recipe. The original recipe is on AllRecipes.com.
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (I used dried parsley)
- Boil the potatoes until tender.
- Fry the bacon and set it aside.
- Brown the onion in the bacon grease.
- Add vinegar, water, sugar, salt & pepper to the pan. Bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and parsley. Stir and add the chopped bacon.
Eat and enjoy! Soooo easy and delicious! My friend Tesa used a Recipe Puppy app to make some delicious Fruity Pebbles Treats! What is your favorite recipe app?