You know why I don’t sell stuff on eBay or craig’s list? Because it takes way too long and by the time I actually do get stuff listed, it doesn’t sell. Same thing with garage sales. Tons of work, not a lot of reward.
But there is a new iPhone app called OfferUp that makes everything so much easier! If you can post a pic to Facebook, you can list your stuff for sale on OfferUp! This app is still relatively new – it was founded June 2011. So we have to spread the word to everyone so you can get more eyes on the items you list for sale. (I won’t be too upset if you share this post…LOL)
Another huge benefit to OfferUp is the TruYou verification process. You know how on Craig’s list you kinda worry that the person you are meeting is not really “Susie” but probably “Sam the scary guy”? (I can’t be the only one.) OfferUp went the extra step of creating a verification process to try and make sure that people are who they say they are. This is totally optional and works like this: you verify your email address, sign in with Facebook, and scan your driver’s license. OfferUp said on their site, “Over time, OfferUp may change or add additional requirements for TruYou membership.” And if you are worried about your personal information, they said, “Your account sign-in information is encrypted and stored on our secure servers. For the driver’s license scan, we only use the information you submit to conduct the identification validation process. We do not store the information.”
I am honestly pretty excited about this app. It is a free iPhone app and you can download it from iTunes.
Here is a video showing how this works – it looks so easy!
I am so excited about this app and I want to spread the word! So – how about a giveaway?!?!
One mama dweeb reader will win a $50 amazon.com gift code!
Please tell me your thoughts on the app! Will you download it? Will you use it?
- If you are a Mama Dweeb fan on Facebook, comment and tell me!
- Follow Mama Dweeb on Twitter
- Either Subscribe to mama dweeb via email (the form in the top of the sidebar, not the header) or subscribe to my RSS through a reader. Let me know which you did! (and yes, Google reader counts!)
- Follow OfferUp on Pinterest (You may follow all boards or select one. Tell me which one you followed)
- If you are a OfferUp fan on facebook, comment and tell me!
- Follow OfferUp on Twitter
- Comment on any other non-giveaway post and comment here with which one it was. (Limit 2 previous posts please)
- Share this giveaway on Twitter! You can use the RT button at the top of this post or copy/paste the twitter copy below. Please put the URL of your tweet in the comments. You may do this once a day till the giveaway ends!
Sample tweet: Found a new app to sell my stuff – @OfferUpNow – #Win $50 amazon.com gift code from @mamadweeb! http://bit.ly/OBBX8p #giveaway
That is it! Good luck! Important info: Giveaway ends October 16th, at 11:59pm CST. Winner will be drawn randomly and emailed. Winner will have 24 hrs to respond to my email or I will draw someone else. Open to USA only, 18+ yrs of age.
I received no compensation at all – I just really really love this app and giving away Amazon monies! All opinions stated are my own.