Time for this blogger to get up & move! #ReThinkYourDay

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponShare on Reddit

Polar Loop activity monitor

As a blogger, I sit here, on my computer. A lot. I do more than just write posts like the one you are reading. I respond to emails, engage on social media, promote posts on social media, create content calendars, coordinate with my writer Rachel, edit photos, track stats, and wrote for other sites too. That is just the tip of the iceberg, but it gives you an idea. Some days, without knowing it, I can spend 4 hours straight just at my desk. This wouldn’t be so bad if I had a daily exercise routine…but I don’t.

The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Polar.  You see that nifty little watch on my wrist up there? It is the Polar Loop and it syncs with my computer and phone to help me track my activity levels and get me MOVING.

Here is a better picture:

Screen Shot 2013-12-30 at 11.30.36 PM

The Polar Loop is a wristband that tracks activity and even sleep.  It counts steps, tells you how many calories you burned, and tracks your activity level with a bar graph on the band (sadly, I’ve never made it 100% yet).  It also connects to the iPhone app via bluetooth and sends you a push notification if you are inactive for an hour straight. I received one of these nice little reminders….

Sweet huh?

The Polar Loop also synch via bluetooth to their heart rate monitors. (The Polar H6 heart rate sensor and H7 heart rate sensor, which utilize Bluetooth Smart technology, are compatible with Polar Loop)  I reviewed the Polar FT40 Heart Rate monitor and watch and discovered how much fat deep cleaning my house can burn. Well with the Polar Loop I can put that heart rate monitor back on and my Loop will track my heart rate and training. Then, I can check my app to see a report of how much fat I burned, how many calories and how long it lasted. And when you connect your Loop to your computer to charge it, you can view your training summaries, view even more reports about your activity level, and connect with other Polar Loop users near you!

But I prefer the simplicity of the app to the desktop version.

And the app is really fun! You can compare your activity levels each day, monitor how you are doing and even get tips for how to be more active. It really is all about ReThinking your day. For me, that means not sitting at my computer for more than an hour at a time. Getting up and doing a load of laundry in between blog tasks. Taking a break to dance to 3 songs with my kids. And get those 10,000 steps in by telling Josh I have to go shopping at the mall! (Will that excuse work? I should try it).   It is about moving, plain and simple.

Polar Loop Flow App

I am on my phone a ton throughout the day. Checking my app is a huge wake up call. I mean, just seeing in black and white – “Annie, you spent almost 8 hours today sitting down. And you work from home!” My mood, my health, it is all my responsibility and now I have the tools to fix it.

My goal is to reach 100% of my Daily Goal Status. I want to see that blue bar graph all the way to the other side!

Connect with Polar Loop on social media!

Twitter: @polarglobal

How do you Rethink your day?

Written by:: Annie

Annie Shultz has written 1957 post in this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

I understand how you feel. That’s why I started doing a workout routine 6 days a week for at least 20 minutes. It not particularly for weight loss. Instead it gets my blood flowing, energizes me, and helps me to feel good about myself.

• says

I used to do the same thing and I felt AMAZING! Then I got a full time job out of the home, then I started working from home full time, now I am back to ONLY blogging. With all those changes, I stopped working out. I am getting back into it so I can feel amazing again :)

• says

Jenn – the winter is the worst! I hate driving to the gym….and I can’t get outside to walk cause I’m a wuss LOL :) So yes, this is a huge motivator.

I rally need to get off my comfortable throne and get moving this new year especially since baby arrives in 9 weeks and I want to feel active and healthy this last trimester ;)

Oh this looks like a great resource to motivate and help track and keep up goals that you set for yourself. I should ask for one for Mother’s Day!

Ooh what a fun tool! I totally get where you’re coming from, I feel like there’s always ONE MORE thing to do before I can get up. I have to just set timers & force myself to get up.

• says

Yes Shell!! I just have to answer this one email….oh man I forgot to promote this post…did I email them back yet? And bam, another hour is gone. It is crazy.

I’ve been looking at all the different fitness devices and haven’t been able to decide which one is the best for me. Thanks for the review. Another device to add to my list.

• says

Holly I’ve seen some great reviews online comparing them. I bet you make the decision that is best for you – and don’t stress too much. I don’t think you can make a wrong decision here. As long as you are moving and getting healthier that is what matters!

I love it when there are visual ways to see where you stand. It’s so motivating! I am excited for all of the people making positive changes in 2014! The Polar monitor and app looks fantastic. I may have to check it out for my fitness goals.

It’s amazing how much better you can feel mentally just with a little bit of exercise each day. It’s that very first push, though, that’s the absolute hardest! Good luck and hope the Polar Loop helps motivate you!

I so need one of these. If I had one I am sure mine would be telling me it’s time to move all the time. I can so relate when it comes to blogging. Some days I decide ahead of time I won’t stay on my computer for more than one hour at a time. In between I do laundry, clean up the house, work on my handmade jewelry etc.. I also have an Etsy shop, and pack and ship almost daily. And I always make sure to workout regularly, if I am too busy that day I make every effort to work out the next day.