You have to try these unbelievable dark chocolate chip cookies! As you indulge in these melt-in-your-mouth morsels, you’ll be swept up on a mini getaway vacation – at least your taste buds will be! The subtle hint of peanut butter adds just enough depth of flavor to complement the dark chocolate without overpowering the senses.
This recipe is another example of gluten and diary free dishes that are palatable and attractive to even the least health-conscious consumers. No one will miss a thing with these soft but delightfully dense chocolaty cookies.
Do yourself a favor and enjoy this super easy, incredibly tasty treat today!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 8 oz dairy-free dark chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a mixer, combine softened coconut oil and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and baking soda and mix well.
- Add peanut butter and mix.
- Stir in oats and chopped nuts (if desired).
- Place teaspoon sized balls of dough, spaced about 2 inches apart, on a cookie sheet lightly greased with coconut oil.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Carefully transfer to a paper towel or other appropriate surface to cool. The cookies firm up as they cool, so be gentle with this step as they can easily break apart.
- GFDF Baking Tips: As with any gluten free, dairy free recipe, read the labels carefully. Remember most oats are processed on equipment shared with wheat products and look for packaging that specifically notes that the oats are gluten free. Do your research to find out which brands of baking soda are gluten free and chocolate can be tricky too. If you can’t find dairy free dark chocolate chips, purchase a high-quality dairy free dark chocolate bar and use it to make your own morsels.