I should really title this post: “Why $400 is a bargain for this mattress.” Because honestly, I cannot think of a better mattress to buy as a new mom or for a new mom.
Naturepedic supplied me with a mattress for this post, all opinions are my own.
When Lizzie was born, she co-slept with us 100% of the time. I didn’t even bother setting up the crib. Then David came along and I set up the crib but purchased as cheap a mattress as I could. It was covered in plastic and super loud. Every time he moved it woke him up. We did not use that crib very much at all.
So when Lucy came along, I had the crib, but didn’t have high hopes. What I want to know is – why didn’t I know about Naturepedic before now? My friend is getting a fabulous baby shower gift and I hope her little one sleeps like a dream on it!
organic cotton 2-in-1 ultra
baby crib & toddler mattress
Reasons why I wish I could go back in time and order this mattress for my babies:
- It has two sides! This is not just a crib mattress. One side is for infants the other is for toddlers and children. The infant side is firmer and waterproof. The toddler side is quilted, not waterproof, and softer. I love that it grows with your child – totally worth the $400!
- It is organic. You don’t have to worry about anything because they use only the best and most pure cotton for their materials.
- It supports local farmers. I love that they buy all their cotton – even the filling – from USA organic farmers. I am willing to spend a little more to support organic farmers here.
- It has a hypo-allergenic design. When I brought my new babies home, I remember the uneasy feeling of putting them in the crib, far away from me. Allergens are one less thing to worry about with this mattress. It has no wool or latex and has a built in dust mite/bed bug barrier.
- Skilled, quality craftmanship. How many crib mattresses can say they are built by a family-owned business made up of Amish workers? I rest my case.
My Lucy is three years old and already in a twin bed of her own. Oh how I wish I could go back and buy this for her when she was newborn! Look at the quality, you can see it!
As soon as my friend sets up her nursery, I will show pictures of this mattress in her crib. Until then, I am keeping it safe and clean in it’s box.
Here are some other fantastic blog reviews of Naturepedic mattresses in action:
Now, WHO WANTS TO WIN ONE?
One lucky Mama Dweeb reader will win the no compromise 2 in 1 crib & toddler mattress from NaturePedic! (ARV $399!)
Use the Rafflecopter form below! Giveaway is USA only and ends Sunday, February 1st at 12:01AM CST.