It so funny. Every time I write a tech review, I hear The Jetson’s theme song in my head. We can do SO much with our gadgets now! Track family members, listen to music wirelessly, you can even visit a doctor via video chat!
After receiving this to review, my newest geeky obsession is the Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat. It connects to your Wi-Fi so you can access the controls form your phone, tablet or computer! Plus, it is also touch screen, making it super fun to
play with change the settings.
And check out my favorite features, these just blew my mind:
- View the forecast – From the app or web I can see what the 5-day weather forecast is. This is just incredibly handy and a fun feature.
- Vacation Schedule – When my family leaves town for vacation, we can save a ton of money by turning off the thermostat and scheduling it to turn on before we arrive home so the house is at the perfect temp when we walk in the door. And with the app, I can check to make sure it did indeed turn back on and call someone to check out the heating and A/C if it doesn’t!
- E-mail alerts – This is something that is best for people that are not home often. It will email you when the temp exceeds a pre-set limit. It will also alert you of humidity levels. This is fabulous because if I am on vacation and something goes wrong, I can have a technician at my house ASAP.
- Humidity tracking– I have never used a tool to track humidity. But this is a wonderful feature. A home kept at high humidity is more likely to grow mold and other allergens, so it is important to keep an eye on this. The EPA recommends humidity levels of less than 60% in the summer and 25-40% in the winter.
- Create a schedule – Keep those costs low without much effort! Tell it when to run your heat/AC the most and when to shut it off.
- Match your decor – This is kinda silly, but you can change the skin color of the screen to match the paint on your wall. I love this.
Will this work in my home? Check out the Honeywell site to see if your home is compatible with this fantastic gadget! Then scroll down and check out where you can buy it. I found it for $183 on Amazon.com!
Here is a fun little Vine I made of the touch screen. What do you think? Isn’t this awesome? GEEK UP YOUR HOME!!