Quick, convenient meals do not have to be filled with sugar and guilt. What I have here for you is a meal I made my family that has five ingredients (if you include all the veggies as one ingredient). The most time consuming part of this meal is cutting the chicken into strips. The most fun is sautéing everything in I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®, listening to the sizzle and smelling the flavors as they waft into the air.
One skillet. That is all this recipe takes! This is almost as simple as a slow cooker meal. Oh and the aromas that fill your kitchen as you make this will make you smile!
The ingredients are simple. Chicken, veggies (I love zucchini, squash and peppers), herbs de provence, golden balsamic vinegar, and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®. It is a filling, hearty meal that will nourish your body.
I appreciate that the ingredients in I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® are all ones I understand, and this spread helps me in my dietary goals. It has 0 grams trans fat, and 40% fewer calories and 70% less saturated fat than butter. Plus, I am trying to focus on eating healthy fats – and this spread is made with plant-based oils and a source of both monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, as well as a good source of omega-3 ALA.
How did my kids like it? They are not used to eating zucchini and squash. If I sautéed broccoli and carrots and green beans, they would have been much bigger fans.
But my husband and I had seconds! I love the herbs de provence on the chicken, and the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® was perfect for cooking the veggies and garlic. I think I will remake this meal with vegetables my kids prefer next time.
I bet you will love it too! If you make this recipe, the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® and then leave a review on their site. I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 3 Tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread - divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 Tablespoons herbs de provence
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups sliced assorted vegetables (2 zucchini, 1 squash, 1 red pepper)
- 2 teaspoons golden balsamic vinegar
- Melt 2 Tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat
- Season chicken with herbs de provence
- Cook chicken stirring frequently, until fully cooked - about 5 minutes
- Remove chicken and set aside
- Add one more tablespoon of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- Saute garlic for about one minute
- Add chopped veggies, stirring occasionally until cooked - about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken to the skillet
- Pour balsamic vinegar and cook until thoroughly warmed.