Melt-in-your-mouth pulled pork? Yes, Please!
Pulled pork recipe that’s easy and good for you too? Even better.
One thing I love about cooking with pork is that it is so dynamic. Pork is my pallet and with my artful culinary skills, I transform it into mouth-watering nutritional bliss.
Try my latest creation – I promise it won’t disappoint.
- 3-4 lb pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the spices with a fork.
- Pour in the honey and lemon juice, then stir to form a paste.
- Work this paste into the surface of the pork roast (I use the flat, back side of a fork to spread the paste onto the roast).
- Return the spiced roast to the fridge for marinating (2 to 24 hours).
- After marinating, turn the slow cooker to low and cook for 7 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender enough to be easily shredded with a fork.
- Serve warm on buns with fixings like homemade cole slaw and cornbread or mix it up and serve it in a burrito bowl or taco. Refrigerate or freeze the leftovers.