Aren’t these the most adorable cupcakes EVER?!?! Let me be honest – I didn’t make them, I wish I made them. All the glory for these little adorable things goes to a friend of mine named Chrystal.
She made the cupcakes and took all these pictures. I hope you enjoy her tutorial! (Scroll to the bottom for an AMAZING homemade buttercream frosting recipe!)
These are all the ingredients you will need. (You can scroll to the bottom of the post for the printable recipe too.) Pretty standard stuff. Note that the eyes are made of chocolate chips – super cute idea!
First – just make the cupcakes according to the box directions. Then, after they cool, ice them with yellow frosting. Next, you will be dunking them in the bright orange sprinkles! (Kids LOVE this step!)
Then, just put two chocolate chips, flat side up, on the cupcakes as eyes. Easy peasy!
Aren’t they super cute?!?!?! I am IN LOVE!!! Happy Easter everyone!!
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Beat butter and shortening together with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color.
- Beat the vanilla extract into the butter mixture.
- Add sugar, one cup at a time, beating on medium speed until fully incorporated.
- Add milk, one tablespoon at a time, beating on high until fully incorporated and you have frosting.
- Using a rosette-frosting tip make “chick wings” on the sides and then sprinkle a small amount of the yellow sugar sprinkles on top. Then use a small amount of your orange frosting to make a beak and feet for your chick.