This post is brought to you by Powerade and SheSpeaks. All opinions are 100% my own.
I love them – David, Lizzie, Lucy. They are the genetic offspring of a book nerd and a band geek. As such, they are not athletically inclined. And their poor parents have no idea how to encourage athletic abilities because “how many points is a layup worth again?”
But sports are incredibly important. Heck, I’m realizing how important exercise is for me! The movement, the coordination it teaches, and also the team work and social skills and the memories!
Even though I can’t tell you the difference between defense in soccer and the defense in basketball, I want my son and daughters to be in sports.
So I let them choose which sport they like. And since I can’t even catch a baseball (pathetic), I have to let them try all the sports one at a time until they find one they love.
So far we have tried:
- Swimming lessons (they aren’t fans of swimming)
- Tae Kwon Do (David kinda wants to go back but he took a break)
- Dance (David hated it, the girls love it)
- Soccer (only David did this one and he loves it!
- Horse riding (the girls fell in love with it more than David)
The next sports they are asking to try are:
- Gymnastics (Lucy desperately wants to learn how to do flips and handstands)
- Basketball (David hears about it from his friends at school)
They don’t want to try:
- Baseball (maybe I can try anyways?)
- Football (I’m ok with this LOL)
- Ice Skating / Hockey (we live in Kansas, ice sports are not common)
The fun think about being Just a Kid is they get to try everything and find out what the really like! I can’t wait to sign them up for the next sports and see how the love it (or not – which is ok too).
Support Boys & Girls Clubs With Powerade
Powerade and Walmart are joining forces to support the Boys & Girls Clubs! This water bottle can be ordered and customized for free – check it out!